W. Pitts Carr
Pitts Carr is one of the founding partners of the nationally recognized law firm Carr & Weatherby, LLP. During his 43-year tenure as a trial attorney, Pitts has become one of the most respected and experienced attorneys in the Southeast. He has been described as a tough litigator with a reputation for professionalism and high ethical standards in the courtroom. He also is known for his unequaled success rate.
Pitts graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Georgia, followed by a J.D. degree from Duke University Law School in 1972. He has been named by a number of federal and state courts to serve in leadership positions in cases of national importance.
Pitts is a member of the Georgia Bar Association. He previously served on the ABA Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Liability. He served as a member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Securities and Commercial Trial Attorneys. He was named by Georgia Governor Joe Frank Harris to serve as Chairman of the Governor’s Commission on Tort Reform for the State of Georgia, Chairman of the Board of Medical Assistance (now Community Services), and member of the State Personnel Board. He was appointed by Governor George Busbee to serve on the Board of Directors for the Georgia Department of Human Resources.
He has served as a member of the Board of Directors of Atlanta Life Financial Group, and served on the boards of a number of charitable and religious organizations including the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Leukemia Society, St. Jude’s House, Atlanta Union Mission, Chair, and St. Phillips Cathedral, Senior Warden. He has served as the Chair of the Stewardship Committee at the Cathedral of Christ the King, as well as a lay member of the Executive Council. He currently serves on the Financial Council.
For the past 20 years he has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Motor Trucking Association in the capacity of General Counsel. He was named by Governor Sonny Perdue to serve on the legal committee for the State of Georgia coordinating the State’s joint litigation with twenty other states relating to the Health Reform Bill.
A native of Thomasville, Georgia, Pitts resides in Atlanta with his wife. He is an avid outdoorsman and pilot.
Pitts specializes in the following practice areas.
- Georgia Truck Accident Lawyer
- Georgia Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Georgia Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Georgia Bus Accident Lawyer
- Georgia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Georgia Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Georgia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Georgia Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Georgia Burn Injury Lawyer
- Georgia Brain Injury Lawyer
- Georgia Shooting Victim Lawyer
- Georgia Crime Victim Lawyer
- Georgia Class Action Lawyer
- Georgia Defense Lawyer
- Georgia Legal Malpractice Lawyer
- Georgia Accountant Malpractice Lawyer
- Board Member, Georgia Motor Trucking Association
- Board Member, Christ the King Cathedral
- Appointed as Special Attorney General by Gov. Sonny Purdue
- Member of Commission on Tort Reform, Georgia, appointed by Gov. Joe Frank Harris
- Member of Board of Directors for Georgia Department of Human Resources, appointed by Gov. George Busbee
- Former Board Member, Atlanta Life Insurance Company
- Former Board Member, Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Former Board Member, Leukemia Society
- Former Board Member, St. Jude’s House
- Former Board Member Atlanta Union Mission