Free Safety Rides
Our mission is to make lives better. One way we do that is to offer free holiday rides for folks in Georgia.
Why do we offer free rides?
On March 28, 2016, a young mother was driving her son, age 14, home from soccer practice. In the car with them was the grandmother. While they were traveling through an intersection with a green light, a drunk driver sped through a red light and careened into their vehicle. The young mother was killed, the grandmother grievously injured, and the young boy also injured. The driver was intoxicated on alcohol and illegal drugs.
After years of litigation, we obtained a verdict in excess of $27,000,000 for the family. But, it didn’t matter much. The life of this sweet family was forever changed.
How does it work?
To qualify, you need to take a ride on an applicable holiday, using a licensed rideshare or taxi service, in Georgia. You pay up front for the ride, and we will reimburse you for it via PayPal. Terms and Conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions:
- By your participation, you – and, if you are a minor, your parent or guardian agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- Covered Area. We will reimburse rides taken in the following places in Georgia only: Atlanta, Gainesville, Columbus, Savannah, Albany, Macon, Decatur, Augusta, Athens, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Johns Creek, Warner Robbins, Alpharetta, Marietta, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Peachtree City, East Point, Newnan, Douglasville, Kennesaw, LaGrange, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Acworth, Cartersville, Snellville, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, DeKalb County, Cobb County, Cherokee County, Henry County, Richmond County, Muscogee County, Hall County, Forsyth County, Bibb County, Paulding County, Douglas County, Coweta County, and Clarke County. Rides from other places are not accepted.
- Applicable Holidays. We will cover rides for the following holidays. Super Bowl Sunday, St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Independence Day, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving Day, New Year’s Eve.
- Time of Ride. In order to qualify, rides must be taken between 5:00 pm on the day of the Holiday and 10:00 am the following day.
- Age. You must be of legal drinking age at the time of the trip to qualify (21 and over).
- Limit to 1 ride. We will only reimburse one ride, one way per person, to a safe destination.
- Limited Availability. This promotion is limited to the first 100 valid submissions per calendar year, beginning on January 1 each year. Any submissions after that will not be accepted.
- Maximum Amount. The maximum amount that we will reimburse is $30.00 per ride, including tip. The maximum tip permitted is 20%. Anything above a 20% tip on the base fare will not be reimbursed.
- Claiming Prize. To claim prize, within 7 days of the ride, please submit a valid receipt, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and PayPal associated email address to: No Drunk Driving Free Holiday Rides, Carr & Weatherby, LLP, 4200 Northside Parkway NW, Building 10, Atlanta GA 30327.
- No Representation or Warranty. Carr & Weatherby makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, safety, effectiveness, of the ride selected. You hereby agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Carr & Weatherby, LLP, and their partners, employees, agents, and representatives, from any and all claims, liabilities, actions, causes of actions, losses, and damages of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, past, present or future, related in any way to your participation in this Free Holiday Rides Program, your ride in question, or the destination in question.
- Exclusive Venue. You hereby agree that this Scholarship, its terms and conditions, and any and all disputes between you and Carr & Weatherby, LLP and their officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives, are governed by the laws of the State of Georgia. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with this matter will be in state or federal courts located in Fulton County, Georgia, and by submitting an application you consent to such jurisdiction and venue.
- Discretion. Carr & Weatherby LLP retains sole discretion to reject or accept any submission for any reason whatsoever. All decisions of Carr & Weatherby, LLP are final